Universal Design Essentials CEU
03feb8:30 am5:00 pmUniversal Design Essentials CEUNAPLES
Description This course addresses Universal Design principles for single family residential construction projects including new construction, remodeling, and affordable to luxury housing. Course concepts will enable both novice and experienced industry
This course addresses Universal Design principles for single family residential construction projects including new construction, remodeling, and affordable to luxury housing. Course concepts will enable both novice and experienced industry professionals to produce marketable projects that support the changing needs of clients over their lifetimes and address multi-generational lifestyles. Home building industry professionals, health care professionals, Certified Aging in Place Specialists (CAPS), and home buying consumers will gain know-how into the application of universal design solutions.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the significance of integrating Universal Design (UD) concepts in residential construction
- Describe the broad beneficiary groups of homes with universal features
- Distinguish between accessibility solutions/products and UD solutions
- Describe ways that functional design can also be attractive
- Identify and implement solutions for simple and complex scenarios that address various household compositions, budget levels and changing needs of clients
- Use effective marketing and communication strategies throughout the process
- Locate resources, materials and services
8:30a – 9:00a Registration
9:00a – 5:00p Class
Credits & Cost
This course qualifies for 6 CE for all NAHB Designations except HCCP, IDCEC APPROVED.
- ASID, IDCEC, Regular Interior Designers, OT Members $350
- Non-Members $450
REGISTER FOR Universal Design Essentials CEU
Wanda Gozdz, CAPS, ASID Allied, President, Golden Age Living, LLC is President and Founder of Golden Age Living, LLC. After 30 years as a business owner in the information technology field specializing in organization, she recognized the opportunity to apply her skills to another field when she downsized from a house and moved into a condominium. As a baby boomer herself, she realized that there would be millions of other retirees following the same steps who would benefit from her organizational and professional skills. Ms. Gozdz is a Residential Interior Designer, Instructor for the National Association of Home Builders, Certified Aging in Place Specialist, LifeDocuments™ Organizer, and a Law Librarian. Wanda served on the Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design (BOAID). She is a member and Master Instructor of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB),American Society of Interior Designers- South Florida Chapter (FASID) and the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA).
(Monday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST
Hickory Chair Showroom
6062 Taylor Road, Naples, FL 34109